About Twin Brooks
Twin Brooks Real Estate Listings
|All Listings||$100,000 - $200,000||$200,000 - $300,000|
|$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000||$500,000 - $600,000|
|$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000||$800,000 - $900,000|
|$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|
Twin Brooks Real Estate Listings
Twin Brooks is a large community in south Edmonton, named for its location between two creek ravines. The community is almost entirely surrounded by green space. The boundaries of Twin Brooks are found at the Whitemud Creek Ravine to the west, the Blackmud Creek Ravine to the north-east, and the Anthony Henday Drive corridor to the south around the 111 Street interchange.
Twin Brooks was annexed into Edmonton in 1980, beginning development soon after, with construction continuing into the 2000s. Twin Brooks homes for sale will mainly be single-family detached homes, typically larger two-storey homes. This housing type along with a few scattered duplexes make up around 95% of the real estate in Twin Brooks. The remaining 5% is comprised of low-rise condo buildings and townhouses. The population of Twin Brooks is 6,265, and the vast majority of residents are homeowners, with a very high proportion of longer-term residents.
Twin Brooks' location allows easy access to south Edmonton, downtown, and the University of Alberta, as well as to Southgate Centre and South Edmonton Common. The adjacent Anthony Henday Drive also offers a quick commute around the outskirts of the city, including many commercial and industrial employment areas including those in Sherwood Park, St. Albert, and west and east Edmonton. The nearby Calgary Trail connects Twin Brooks residents to Nisku and the Edmonton International Airport. Twin Brooks also offers good transit connections, including to the nearby Century Park LRT station.
Many commercial amenities, besides the local conveniences in the centre of Twin Brooks at 111 Street, can be found at Century Park, which offers a Safeway, Sobeys, Shoppers Drug Mart, restaurants, clinics, and boutique stores and services. For anything else, there's Southgate Centre or South Edmonton Common. In either location, it will be easy to shop for groceries, necessities, clothing, and whatever you need, as well as to find banks, food, coffee, bars, and more.
Twin Brooks has a large open park at its centre, as well as a small lake. Within the community, you'll find a playground, sports fields, picnic facilities, a skating rink, community garden, and the Twin Brooks Community League. The Twin Brooks District and Nature Park lies above the Whitemud and Blackmud creek ravines, which surround Twin Brooks, offering access to the abundant recreational opportunities of the beautiful ravines. Much of the community is webbed with multi-use trails, which continue right through these extensive green spaces.
Twin Brooks' only school is the George P. Nicholson School, though Keheewin School, St. Theresa Catholic School, Roberta MacAdams School, and Monsignor Fee Otterson Elementary/Junior High School are all located nearby. Kinsmen Twin Arenas and the William Lutsky Family YMCA are to the north along 111 Street, before Century Park, and the Maha Ganapathy Temple is located inside Twin Brooks.
For more information on the above Twin Brooks real estate listings, to schedule a showing, or to get a free detailed home evaluation, contact Michael Pavone at 780-993-7249.
Listing information last updated on September 28th, 2020 at 5:01pm CDT.